Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

17 Feb 2008

Near Miss

Bus work Saturday. Trip on 337,318/319 to Cribs Causway. Made a change from London, but the stop start at all the bus stops was beginning to drive me mad!! Today was 0715 from Bath. Full coach, and on the coldest day of the year the coach had air con, which worked. Took me a while to work out how to turn it off!
Good trip up in the sunshine, at Gloucester Road guy with his family in a people carrier tried to race me off the lights, only problem was he hadn't noticed the coach in front had stopped!! I do not think his Wife was too impressed as the front valence bounced off the road!! Old Chinese proverb say 'make sure the road ahead is clear before showing off to the Family'
Bit further down the road a cyclist came past on the inside. The van in front obviously didn't use his mirrors, turned left and knocked him off!! He got up OK and a few words were said before he rode off.
Tomorrow, all day duty and must try to get same Chainsaw oil.



Couple of hours spent by the Thames. (hard life)

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production