Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

7 Apr 2008

Drivng in the snow

Sunday started off good, rode in on the bike and arrived at work just as the snow started. Headed off towards Swindon. Just as I left the M4 at j16 the snow started. visibility was only about 50m! Got to Swindon Bus station and loaded up.By this time the roads were completely covered and had become VERY slippery. The M4 was something else. I think I can say I have never driven on roads that bad. There were no part of the road visible and the only way to drive was down the rumble strip at 20mph!!! I thought the conditions would improve. Instead they got worse. It was not until we got to j6 that the road reappeared. The rest of the journey was better but still only 2 lanes of the motorway available. The journey back was the complete opposite. Bright sunshine and no snow!!

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production