Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

30 Apr 2008

Schools, Women and Mobile Phones

Just come off the overnight. Not bad, surprised at how light the traffic has been. One thing to note was when I was doing the '10's' I had pulled up a stop on the route. I did not pay much attention until the bus came the other way and stopped. He could not get past due to a car parked opposite the school and on double yellow lines. We both gave a gentle toot on the horn only to be met with a mouthful of abuse. On closer inspection the 'lady' was on her mobile phone. By the time she had finished her life and death conversation the queue was way up the hill. I expect she is one of the protesters who complain about 'other' people speeding past the school!!!!

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production