Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

12 Apr 2008

Uncle Christopher

Not a bad week and now off until Tuesday. had a bit of fun with passengers though. Had a problem with the seat belt so was late leaving the depot. Should have left Bath at 0645 but finally got going at 0700. Should have 8 passenger's but only 5 showed up! Ran control to let them know and began to reverse. A chap comes running across the road waving his hands, as you know the rules are very clear, once you have begun to move that is that. Any way he got very angry and used various words and signs! I would have understood if I had been on time but to turn up 15mins late is a bit much. The next thing was the next stop there were 2 people waiting. I stopped to check if they were waiting for the bus or me. It was for me, I informed the gent that as they should have been at Bath their seat had possibly been resold. he went mad saying that he had paid and they should be able to get on anywhere they liked. (I wish people would read the T & C) anyway lucky for him I had 2 seats available.
We have a very happy event in our family. My Sister gave birth to a baby girl last night. Both are well and my Parents are very proud Grandparents.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production