Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

22 Jun 2009

Changes

Meeting tonight. Found out what is happening to the coach operations. It will be coming back under Bath operations, so back to where we started!! So what does it mean? Well not much really, different boss and back to driving buses on 'spare' days and after the 'overnight'. Does of course mean potential to work more 'rest days' and I never had any problems driving the odd bus around Bath. Also found out we are getting 'new' coaches. Scania PB's, from a depot that unfortunately lost their National Express contract. This seams to mean' reading between the lines' that we will keep the 403/402 contract for a few years at least.

1 comment:

Stephen said...

Not surprised you are having a fleet change, your Volvo B12M's are getting a little old in the tooth. Another one broke down London bound between junctions 17 and 16 yesterday. Service Support telephoned me to pick up the stranded passengers but when I pulled in behind the driver and VOSA men waved me on!

Current local weather

Uk Power production