Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

26 Jun 2009

Sitting at Heathrow

1545 from Bath today so sign on at 1500. As I walked through the door the Leading Driver was coming out. We had to go to Bristol to get a coach as mine had broken down on the M4, again!! Finally left Bath at 1615 which should have been Ok as at that time you miss the traffic.Reported accident at J12 had cleared so thought should arrive on time. However just before J7 the traffic came to a complete halt and it then took 30 mins to get to J6 where an accident was being cleared. I still was hopeful of getting to VCS until J4. It was obvious we were not going to get to VCS so call made and a coach was waiting at Heathrow for my Victoria passengers. I am now at Hethrow until 2145 when my my passengers will arrive on an 032.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production