Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

24 Jun 2009

Never done that before

Had this week all sorted. Frome up today, first up tomorrow, last up Friday and lieu day Saturday. Alarm set for 0430, all sorted. Up early 0420 so thought I might as well get ready. picked up my mobile, one missed call and a message. Message along the lines' Chris where are you you are on first up!!' It would appear I had got this weeks rota completely wrong!! I was not happy as I lost a days pay and also caused a lot of problems for a lot of people. Anyway Fiona saw the good points and we got many of the little jobs done. And, the shed is built!!! I have now double checked this weeks duties!!


1 comment:

Joe said...

One of the problem with shifts. If we miss the boat we tend to miss it big style whereas 9-5 ers can come in by 10 if need be.

Current local weather

Uk Power production