Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

7 Mar 2010

Bath Half Marathon

Been off for the weekend and  the weather was great. Took part in the Bath Half Marathon, not running! but with Raynet. Manned a road closure and provided communication support for the marshals. Had fun and games with members of the public who wanted to get through. It seems that although having 12 months notice of the Half Marathon they did not know it was on.Some people wanted to get to work and demanded they be let through!
The bike was in desperate need of a clean and now looks almost new just need some black paint for the stand. Only thing left to do is to replace the chain as the adjusters are on their stops.
Neighbour gave me a hand to move the shed to the end of the garden as it was cutting out the light into the kitchen. Any way one thing led to another and we ended up clearing the end of the garden of a large fur tree and other  bushes. This has left us with a nice place to sit in the summer.
The car is running well and spent some time sorting out some patches a rust and giving it a good clean. I always wonder why people do not clean around door frames. Back to work tomorrow, but only for two days then off again!!!

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production