Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

30 Mar 2010

Digital Radio

The Digital TV switch-over is taking place here in the South West and all appears to going well. I have an increase in signal strength of my signals so not bad there only problem I had was that I had to do a complete reset on my TV. The next step the government has planned is to switch off National FM stations. I am not quite sure if these ministers live in the real world. They plan that we will listen to DAB and that FM will be used for community stations. Are they not aware of the number of FM radios in use? But they say you can use an adapter. How about mobile phones, can't see me carrying an adapter for that! This is a misguided, financially driven idea which will, in my view millions of people being unable to listen to a decent radio service. However there is hope in that the Peers have seen through the glitz and come up this warning.
 http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8591942.stm

1 comment:

Impact said...

Just listened to special podcast on RadioRNR featuring music and interviews from Buddy Guy. Wow--anyone happen to record this? Had some great rare interviews from his days with Junior Wells and Muddy Waters at Chess Records and even some unreleased tracks he recorded with Stevie Ray Vaughn and Eric Clapton.

Current local weather

Uk Power production