Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

10 Oct 2010

Back on the road

Not much to report on the work front things going along fairly well. As you may have seen from Facebook the head gasket went on the Rover. This is usually the end for a car of it's age, but fortunately I noticed it overheating and checked the oil and saw the emulsifying and stopped! Tried a few places and was quoted up to £1000! After a bit of a panic I remembered a friend was always playing with cars. Anyway the result is, the car is fixed and as I had planned to have the oil and water changed before the winter all it cost was the price of the gasket and some 'beer money'. Next job is to get the wheel bearings replaced on the bike. Noticed some play in the front wheel so think it may be time for a new bearing set. Local shop will do it for £10 plus bits, if I take the wheel off. As you know we rent our house and next weeks we have our yearly inspection. So, spent some time yesterday sorting out. So far three rubbish bags and found bits we have been looking for for ages. Also the rent has been increased, not a lot but a pain all the same. Today hope the clean the lounge carpet which is a very useful Beige. Very handing with a dog!

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production