Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

25 Jun 2011

Drunk and an accident

Like most jobs Bus Driving can, for the most part be pretty mundane.But then there are other times where 'weird' doesn't really cover it. The other day fits the 'weird'  category.
Started off with traffic delays so had to push on to make up time. Arrived at a timing pint bang on time 0857. I opened the doors to be greeted with a gent, who to say the least was a little 'tipsy'. Company rules state that we should not carry drunks, this gent was so intoxicated that there was no way he was getting on the bus. 'Do you take visa?' he asked I replied that we do not. the reply was a barrage of various obscene words. I then noticed that he had in one hand an open can of beer and in the other a petrol can, all that was required was a lighted cigarette!! After a few minutes of this and another passenger telling him to .... off he disappeared.
As I went to restart the bus it shuddered. I assumed it was said drunk and ignored it  . Few seconds latter a car appeared and stopped in front. A lady got out and said she was sorry. For what I thought. The penny then dropped, she had run into the back of me! The result was a far amount of damage to her car  including a punctured tyre. She seem to put her hands up to it and I gave her the paperwork to fill in and as a gentleman did at least loosen the wheel nuts.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production