Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

16 Jun 2011

The metal stays

Busy day off today. Trip to the local hospital to have the ankle looked at. It has been giving me some trouble for a while, both with movement and clicking. I had visions that the pins had come loose. Anyway after a faily short time in Paulton hospital it turns out that the clicking is caused by scar tissue and the movement problems is caused by and Achilles tendon that is so tight you could play a tune on it! I did ask about the metal work staying or going and as the bolts go through the bone it would be a major problem to take them out. Definitely a case of 'it ain't broken don't fix it''  Next job was an oil change on the bike. I tried to undo the sump plug myself but it proved to be impossible to undo so it was a trip to the local dealer who did it for a very fair price. It also gave  me a chance to check the fly screen I fitted yesterday. Working tomorrow then off until Tuesday.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production