Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

3 Aug 2011

Parking

Day off today, but not for us. Job of the day was managing over 10000 people wanting to leave and return to site at the same time! Getting people off was not to much of a problem. Getting them back on was a different matter. There was a plan which worked but the fun started when the brown car park was full. This meant all the cars having to use the blue car park. This is at the far end of the show ground, this is fine if you are on gold or blue villages but is a far hike for those on pink and silver. We do run a 'buggy run' for those that have lots of shopping or have severe mobility problems, however, we now have a seemingly unending list of excuses to why they should be allowed to drive on site. The best one for me was the delegate who said they had broken their ankle some time ago. this of course is something I know a little about so I engaged in a discussion. When I said I had also broken mine they seemed to think they were on to a winner, until that is I showed them the scares. I directed them to a suitable parking space. Off now until 10am tomorrow so should have some time to get in to Venue 1.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production