Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

13 Aug 2011

Rules

Interesting few days watching the news and also the amount of misinformation that is spread on sites such as Facebook. When reading something that is important I always double check on a couple of other sites to collaborate the story. It has also been interesting hearing peoples views on what caused the disturbances. My own view is that we now have a complete disregard for rules in this country. Rules are seen as being against our human rights, but what about the human rights of the victims.
I have had a couple of interesting conversations on the bus this week regarding rules. A couple of passengers tried to use their bus passes before 0900. I of course informed them that they could not. I received a mouthful of what a stupid thing, half an hour makes no difference etc. They then went on to discuss the behaviour of the rioters and if they had better discipline and obeyed the rules etc etc. So what is the difference between breaking one law or another. Some will say that some crimes are worse than others but they are still crimes. This I feel is where we are all going wrong. We must all respect the law and rules laid down. If we do not like them we must still obey them and then go through parliament to get them changed if necessary. the bible has some good direction on this.

James 2
8 If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, “Love your neighbour as yourself,” you are doing right. 9 But if you show favouritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers. 10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. 11 For he who said, “You shall not commit adultery,”] also said, “You shall not murder.”] If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker.  12 Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom, 13 because judgement without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgement.

Ephesians 5:11 Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.

These are only a couple of examples. Perhaps if we all 'went back to basics' as first laid out in the bible and other religious books we would not be in the position we find ourselves in today.


1 comment:

Stephen said...

I agree, all our laws were made as part of our democracy. All laws must be obeyed even if you did not vote for them. We live in a civilised society and these laws retain order for people to lead peaceful lives. It is not a pick and choose, we have to draw a line somewhere and these laws show where the limits are.

Current local weather

Uk Power production