Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

1 Aug 2011

Second week

Yesterday was the first day of week two at New Wine. This week there are several thousand more delegates than last week. This obviously led to the gates being more busy than last week. However, we have more stewards this week so the task of getting nearly 12000 people onto site went fairly smoothly. The team this week has more over 25's than last week so this will make things easier especially when manning gates late at night.  We also have a new shift system which means we have more time off which enables us to attend a morning or evening worship and seminars if we wish. Anyway just sitting in the crew room waiting for the influx of evening visitors so off the Venue 1 car park.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production