Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

30 Sept 2011

Got to get past the bus

A Bus is a relatively slow vehicle and as such most people, including me, do not really want to be stuck behind one. Most people will reluctantly sit behind until a safe opportunity occurs. Others choose to overtake with seamanly little regard to their own and any one else's safety. I have over the last couple of days had some scary examples of this. First, I was waiting in a queue approaching a set of traffic lights when a lady in a Range Rover started to overtake, she found to her and most people in the queue amazement that there was no where to go. She had to reverse back down the line. Luckily there was no one coming the other way or no pedestrians crossing assuming no traffic to be coming from that direction. The second had the potential to have lead to a fatal accident. I was waiting at a pedestrian crossing while a lady crossed when a car overtook me! The poor lady had to take evasive action to prevent being run over. The question is what on earth is going through these peoples minds?

1 comment:

Stephen said...

It is a class thing Chris. Remember that Margaret Thatcher said that anyone travelling on a bus over the age of 30 was a failure. Notice how the worst and most arrogant drivers are the one's with the most expensive cars?

Current local weather

Uk Power production