Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

5 Apr 2012

Easter

Worked half day today as a 'Rest Day' 318/319 to Cribbs Causway and back. Very quiet as we are now into the Easter holidays. I am off tomorrow Good Friday and plan to take part in a walk of witness. This is where Christians re-enact the walk Jesus made with his cross to where he was crucified.
Unfortunately I have work both Saturday and Sunday. A little annoyed about the Sunday as it is properly the most important day in the Christian calendar. This is is the day when Jesus rose from the dead. This one day gives us the knowledge that we to will rise again and live forever. Some people will say how can you work? why do you nor refuse on religious grounds? the reason is that I knew when I started the job this would be the case and my view is that I am on this earth to do Gods work so by working Easter Sunday I will be helping people to attend church, see their families therefore carrying out the work of God. Happy Easter to you all. 

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production