Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

29 Apr 2012

Shifts

One of the things about Bus driving is that you work shifts. That is not working a fixed 9-5. Some weeks you may be working 0500-1400 the next 1400-0000. I have always worked in jobs that have shifts in some way so have got used to it. In fact it can be very handy having time off in the week as I hate shopping or driving on a Saturday. I currently work on a 'Long Duty' which is around the 50 hours a week or 10 hour day. These do not have any real early starts, so suit me. However, there have been some duty changes recently which mean I am stuck on the same duty for two weeks. Apart from the Park and Ride work I did last year in Bristol I cannot remember working the same hours for this length of time. Also it is a 0919-2002 duty which is a real pain as it leaves no time for much else apart from work and sleep. Still it will come to an end and I have a job and you never know I might get to like it and change to a fixed duty.. Eh. don't think so.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production