Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

13 Aug 2012

What a week

Home now after one of the best, varied, stimulating, fun and thought provoking weeks of my life. I am currently watching the closing ceremony of the Olympics and getting a little emotional. I have been extremely privileged to work with the best group of drivers, controllers and spectator assistants. Together we have provided the best transport system I think this country has ever seen. Although there have not been the expected number of spectators we have ensured they all had a fantastic experience even before they had seen any sailing events, and even on the day with no wind they all left with smiles on their faces. So what next? it is back to work in Bath from tomorrow but I hope to take,in part many of the processes that were in place in Weymouth and try and ensure all my passengers journeys exceed their expectations. Obviously there will be the tickets, journey times, traffic to contend with but I hope the experiences of Weymouth and London will show what can be done given a little effort and a hand shack with 'thanks mate for today'. I have a few photos which I have put on Facebook. You can see some here
 https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151331816100884.567904.627560883&type=1&l=0aa11d405b

If you want to see some more details on the operations in Weymouth this is an excellent source
http://fecx1news.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/guest-blog-now-its-all-over-your.html

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production