Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

10 Jun 2008

Open Tickets

Busy few days and the usual selection of delays and problems. The thing that has rally been a problem is passengers with 'Open Returns'. These are excellent for people who do not know when they are to return. However there is a problem which most of the passengers fail to realise. That is they are not booked seats. You have to ring or go to ticket office and book on a specific service. What happens is that passengers turn up with these tickets and demand to board a service. I and most drivers will do our best to help these passengers but they seem to turn up when the service is full. The conversation usually includes the line 'I have paid my money and demand you take me' I have even had passengers with booked flights, ferry crossings etc. The moral of this is READ THE TICKET!! you would not turn up for a flight with an unreserved ticket. Would you??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bne my first time tomorrow night by coach in 20 years.
looking forward to it being a brighton and hove bus driver - and yes i have the correct ticket!

Just got to make sure i get to victoria in plenty of time eh!

great blog mate.

Current local weather

Uk Power production