Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

5 Feb 2012

Health Update

Nearly three months since the illness that changed our lives in ways that only now are we realising. I have made a very good recovery only now left with headaches, tiredness and short to medium memory lapses. Of course these are things that a lot of people have and may have nothing to do with the meningitis.  The one thing that does stand out is a mental one. When I find myself in a situation such as walking the dog or on an empty bus,I do find myself reflecting on how incredibly lucky I have been and thinking a lot of 'what ifs'. But, I am here, I survived and I have a life to live, and perhaps some work for the Lord to do. I have learned how devastating this illness can be and how quickly it can strike, so I ask you to have a look at the various organisations sites listed on the left here, because as we found out it can strike anyone.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production