Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

8 Aug 2013

Busy Day

Another busy day with a fair share of 'missing' children and other incidents.There is a set procedure to cater for missing people, which involves shutting all the gates to prevent any one leaving and a description being broadcast  to all radios and a search made of likely places they may be. Most of these people are found quickly and usually in their own, or a friends tent completely unaware they are 'missing'. However, some go the wrong way somewhere and are genuinely lost and are safely reunited with their family.
We also had a serious incident involving a fire in a caravan. This fortunately was brought under control due to the prompt attendance of the stewarding team. We did however call the local fire brigade who attended and after checking with a thermal camera confirmed the fire was out. The caravan was a right off. We also had reports of a fire in a tent which turned out to be a citronella bucket which someone had inside their tent. 



No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production