Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

2 Aug 2013

Last day LSE

Well last day of the first week of New Wine. Yesterday was a fairly busy day with gates and mobile to run. Had a couple of situations which showed the importance of all delegates wearing there badges. This has always been a little bit of an issue with some delegates saying that as this is a Christian site we should be trusting. However, the real world still exists and of course not all delegates are Christian and some have been brought here in the hope they will come to faith so we need the site to be safe and secure. Had one interesting situation at one of the gates. The light failed and the three lads were left in the dark only with torches. However, this gave them the opportunity to see the stars. We could see the milky way, stars to the horizon and even a couple of satellites. As they lived in the city this was the first time they had ever seen the sky like this. The comment though that stuck in my mind was 'how can you look at this and say there is no God?'


No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production