Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

8 Aug 2013

What a lovely morning

Sitting outside the Hungry  venue listening to the worship and just having some 'me' time. It also gives me some time to reflect on the past 2 weeks as we prepare to return to the real world. We have thankfully few incidents and even those have, in the great scheme of things have been fairly minor. We have had the usual spiritual attacks from Satan, who must be very frighted by a event like this. We have overcome these attacks with prayer and a wiliness that the power of God will win through. I also have found him trying to attack me with financial fear and times of anxiety. We did have one heart stopping moment last night when a 'priority' call was made from control about a possible gas explosion on site. Hearing the call and other traffic from other radio users I and others really did feal the worse and we did rather exceed the 5 mph speed limit. In the end it turns out that the 'explosion' was caused by a lorry air bag failing. having had one fail on a bus I know how loud these are. It did, once again show how well the team can go from relaxed mode to major incident mode in a professional way. Today my team are on Ice packs and gates till midnight so hopefully they are all chilling like me.



No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production