Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

26 Apr 2007

Indicators & Bluetooth

Not a great deal to report but thought these might be interesting. Have you seen these people with Bluetooth headsets? They have them on while walking round the shops driving the car etc with the must have little blue flashing light. I have a bluetooth but only put in on when my phone rings which it only ever does once or twice a day. I wonder if these people think they will be save from the radiation from their phone (not proven) or just want to look a bit flash (pratish) any way it looks very silly and I even saw a women in Tesco last week, she really did look silly.

Indicators are put on a vehicle so you can tell other road users what you intentions are. So if you see a bus with it's right hand indicator on THINK VERY HARD BEFORE OVERTAKING!!!
It also can mean there is an obstruction ahead a other hazard. Yesterday I was trying to pull out of Bath and another driver stopped and in the usual way put his right hand indicator on. As I pulled out a women in a Peugeot flew out from behind the bus and might me in the middle. Remember I am 42ft long 11ft 11in high and 8ft 4.5in wide so not the easiest thing to move. Any way I got the evil eye and a mouthful of abuse. She was lucky it was not her elderly Mother who was trying to cross the road!!!!

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production