Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

22 Aug 2010

At 6's and 7's (well 4's,1,s and 2's)

Been on lates all this week and it it has been an eye opener. I had the 'last to Bristol' Friday night, the centre of Bristol amazed me To say the least there were plenty of 'distractions'! Also I was surprised at the amount of 'city marshals' and that St John had a small field hospital set up!! After a while I began to think this is a little sad, in that people seem to feel the only way they can entertain themselves is with ten pints of lager inside them, and then expect others to pick up the pieces. Also all the campaigns against smoking I did not see any smokers lying in the middle of the road, being sick on doorways or throwing punches at each other. Perhaps the time has come to focus the same anti smoking type campaigns on drinking. Had the same problem with change with the public once again surpassing themselves with at one stop two £20, one £50!!! and even a credit card (does any bus company in the world take cards?) I politely asked if they would carny that amount amount of change in a Bus in Bristol at 0015. Yesterday was all city work and the first part was  4, 1 and 2's. This is the old 2/4 route broken up. It is a very nice route taking you past most of the Bath landmarks and giving some amazing views of the City. However as a driver you end up wondering 'which way am I going?'
Next week back to earlies which means I should be home by 1430.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production