Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

19 Aug 2010

Shift work and ankle update

As you know I work shifts. This has advantages and disadvantages. However I have nearly always worked shifts so I have got used to it and I can usually work around the shifts. The only thing I find difficult is attending Church on a Sunday. For example this week I do not finish work until 0030 on Sunday morning and start again at 0500 on Monday. I really would like to attend Church on Sunday morning but common sense says it is probably more important to ensure I have enough rest. I am sure the Lord  understands as I still try and read the Bible and pray. However, what is difficult is to keep up to date on Church happenings. By not attending on a Sunday I do find I sometimes miss out on Church activities. maybe I should suggest an email mailing list or a Facebook group?
For those of you who may be interested my ankle is still attached to my leg! Seriously though it has now been six months since the accident! I still get some pain when the weather is damp and also if I do any very long distance driving. However given the nature of the injury I am thankful just to be able to walk!!

2 comments:

RC169 said...

Does your church not have a website with a diary/calendar (that is kept up to date)?

If not, I might be able to help - please let me know if you are interested. I have recently set this one up for a church in Southampton:-

http://holytrinitymillbrook.org.uk/

Chris G4KVI said...

yes it has a website but does not seem to be updated any more. I have emailed our vicar to see if it can a bit more dynamic.

Current local weather

Uk Power production