Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

13 Aug 2010

New Wine Finished

Well finally have some time to sit down and review New Wine. This year has been something special, as you know I was a team leader and I have learned so much about myself and about others and just how much can be done if you get a team working well. There has been so much amazing stuff I cannot list it all.We had great fun and it was amazing to see how a young, new team can gel together. We had our share of lost children, lost parents, found children, found parents. I  am finding it hard to list all the amazing things I saw during the two weeks. I had an amazing team which made my role so much easier. To all of them I say 'thank you' for their hard work and support. I had some amazing feedback from delegates saying how impressed they were with how the stewards worked so you can be very proud of yourselves.I think the one thing I will remember was on week 1. We were able as a team to attend the Workers Celebration, this is a time when team members can worship together. As I stood there I saw the whole team worshipping together as one, smiles on their faces, it really brought a tear to my eye.
I had to go back to work on the Sunday so no chance to chill out, good week though with all country work which I enjoy. Off now until Tuesday so enjoying some quite time except there are resurfacing the road outside the house!!

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production