Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

14 Nov 2010

A Busy Night

Lates this week and last night I had the 339 and 649, Bath to Bristol. This particular 339 is always busy as it picks up in Keynsham, outside the Pub and drops off outside the night clubs in Bristol. I have done this trip in the past but had forgotten just how mad it is. I left Bath with a couple of passengers and with no idea what was to come. As I approached the keynsham stop I was aware that there was more than one or two passengers waiting. I opened the doors and the noise was deafening. There must have been well over 50 people waiting and I had concerns that we would have to leave some behind (refusing drunk passengers is not the best idea!) Anyway began to load and It was chaos, not sure if everyone who got on had a ticket but I managed to get everyone on. However it now meant that we could not pick anyone else up on the trip into Bristol. Unfortunately this meant leaving a lot of people behind. Finally dropped them all off at the nightclub and I have to say I think everyone of them thanked me. Earlies next week so some peace an quite!!

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production