Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

2 Nov 2010

Missed the point

After the crazy week chasing the RAC to get my bike repaired, it is now the proud owner of a new clutch cable and has even had a bath, so hopefully it will take me to work and back tomorrow.
Today was a pleasant day. It started with the 179 from Midsomer Norton and then an X39 to Bristol and back. After my break it was on to the 13's. Roads were very quite so a nice gentle drive. On my last trip I arrived at the bus station about 3 minutes early so had 13 minutes before I was due to leave again. I took the opportunity to use the 'facilities'. As I left the bus a lady started to moan 'not again' 'more waiting' , she went on. Turns out she had tried to board the last bus at the Traffic lights and had rightly been refused. When I came back she started again. Complaining that with all those drivers standing about (on breaks) could not one of them have taken the bus? She said to anyone who would listen she was going to complain to head office about how long she had waited etc etc etc. When I could finally get a word in I pointed out I still had another 5 minutes before I had to go. I loaded the other bemused passengers and left on time. The lady had completed missed the point that a bus runs to a timetable and leaves at a timetabled time not one that is convenient to her!!

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production