Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

17 Oct 2006

Falling a sleep at the wheel!

Well no post for a few days. been on mixed duties. Had a day on Thursday. A post office van going from lane 1 to lane 3 on the M4, In the end it looked like he had fallen a sleep at the wheel!!!!! That must be the most scary thing that can happen as a professional driver.

Once we got to Bath only had 8 passengers on to Street and Wells. Just past Dunkerton and some joker was going 15 mph up the hill. gave them a bit of time to get going but they got slower. I was getting flashed and tooted by drivers behind who thought it was me, Once we got to the to went for the overtake and - yes the prat sped up then matched my speed in the end we cam down to 15mph again. Finally got passed him and left the other drivers to sort him out!!!!!!

The passengers thought I had the patience of a saint and wondered why I didn't ram him!!!

Tomorrow I am on the 0430 from Bath so 0320 wake up.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production