Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

24 Oct 2006

If you can't see my mirrors.

Not a bad day started at 1400 full load from Swindon. Arrived at Heathrow OK. Just reversing off the bay and some ****** walked straight behind me. How I missed them I don't know. I have to say I lost my temper and issued my own verbal warning. I await the complaint. People do not think they are at risk, but do not realise they cannot be seen when the vehicle is reversing.
At Victoria handed the vehicle over to the Frome driver helped him load and after finding my coach had my break. Good trip back to Bath having helped some stranded passengers get to Bristol. Trip to Street was Ok apart from the rain!!! Dropped everyone off OK and got back to the depot at 2330.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production