Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

7 May 2007

Allowing enough time

Terrible day today. Weather was, bad. Got out as far as Bathford and came across an accident. The road was blocked by Fire and Ambulance so had the prospect of reversing half a mile back down the road. Luckily as I started the road was cleared!!! Got up as far as Membury service station and had a breakdown!! Pulled into the service station and called control. Within an hour the passengers were transferred and the coach repaired. Arrived in Victoria 10 mins late. But, slight problem with the luggage and we had passengers and luggage , but not together. Should not have been a problem apart from passengers allowing 20mins to get from Heathrow Bus Station to their terminal!! Turned out OK in the end but remember to allow enough time, if in doubt allow more time. Good trip back and a nice tea with Fiona.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production