Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

30 May 2007

Passengers and tips for easy coach travel.

I do not normally moan about passengers but sometimes I feel that some need a good smack to remind them to behave like adults and not children. On Monday I was charted for 86 boarding passengers at Bath. That is a lot and requires a bit of planning to make sure we get away on time. So, as I had a 'dupe' I thought it best that as passengers arrived we loaded the coach up until full and he could go on his merry way. However some passengers had other ideas. Comments like 'we want to sit together' said a group of ten. 'I want to go on the empty coach' which would be empty for long!! 'are you sure this coach is going to London' It got worse because of the numbers we had to make sure we had all seat taken. So double checks were made, we found people had got off to have a fag, get a drink etc. In the end it worked out and we got away on time and even had a few spare seats. But things would have been much easier had passengers listen to the drivers and realize that sometimes you cannot always do what you want. hat said here are some tips to ensure you have a pleasant trip.

  1. Turn up on time. At least 10 mins before departure.
  2. If you are a group and want to sit together get there even earlier, and ask the driver.
  3. Remember is you at the front of the queue your bad will be last off.
  4. Always try to book your ticket id advance.
  5. If you have an open return, remember this is only on a standby basis.

There hope that helps. Off today, good job as I have a terrible cold and it is pouring down with rain.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production