Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

17 Jun 2010

A car, three trains and a bus

Very nice day today. Fiona has gone to Torquay line dancing and I said I would take her down to test out my long distance driving. Left a little bit latter than planned so stopped on the way for lunch. Car and ankle survived the trip down and after checking in we had a walk down to the sea front. It wonderful to be able to walk along the seafront. It has now been exactly three months since I arrived in the RUH after the accident. We had a look in a few shops and picked up a few items in the pound shop, the main one being a multi tool, ideal to have in the works bag.The time came to make my way home. I get discounted travel on First trains so decided to do that. First part was from Torquay to Exeter St David. The problem was that the ticket office is not manned so I took a risk that I could buy on the train. The trip is fantastic, it goes for most of the way right along the sea front. The only problem was that it was school time and the train was full. No problems and I enjoyed the journey through places like Dawlish and Teignmouth. Arrived in Exeter St David and not knowing where I was going asked a member of staff. They pointed me to platform 5 and the train would be in 10 minutes. It turned out to be a Virgin train and I panicked a bit as I have a First pass. I asked the Virgin Inspector and he confirmed I could travel on the train. As it pulled away the announcement came that the train was going to Leeds!!! However it was via Bristol Temple Meads.  Arrived with 10 minutes to wait and off the Bath. Arrived in time to get the 1910 173 to home. Arrived back at home at around 1945 which is just over 3 hours door to door.

 

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production