Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

13 Jun 2010

Delightful views

One advantage of bus work is that I get the opportunity to drive through some very nice areas. The 272 goes from Bath to Devizes At the moment this has a deversion which take the route through Rowde. it also goes past the Caen Hill Locks. Although I have been to Devizes I have never seen these locks. They are very impressive and if the weather stays good I hope to go and walk up them this week. Another nice route is the 265/264 this goes to Warminister via Bradford upon Avon and Trowbridge.This is a very tight route in places especially through Winsley. I will try and take some photos next time I do these routes.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production