Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

11 Mar 2007

Victoria Coach Station is 75 Years old.

Boy I am glad to be home and be done with 6 days of early's!!! My body is saying enough. Gout is still playing up so will have to lay off the booze and will stretch to a Chinese talk away.
Funny day today only had 10 passengers until Heathrow and no luggage. I knew it was too good to be true. By the time I left the airport i was near full and both lockers full!!!
As you can see from the title Victoria Coach Station is 75 years old and they had a rally there this weekend. There were coaches from all ages and I have the utmost respect for the guys that keep these vehicles on the road. Some were even dressed for the part so it was very good. There were also various trade stands so made a change to have something to look at. As a result of this I had to load from bay 16 which I have never done before, very easy but kept me on my toes.
I did take some pictures but there is more at Victoria Pictures


No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production