Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

1 Mar 2007

How to book a National Express ticket

Well, not much going on last few days. Have a timetable change coming up so going on a route drive tomorrow. One thing I did think of was as customer was boarding I realized they had never travelled on a coach and had no idea of what to do.
So here is a few steps for getting from A to B.

  1. Book your ticket. You can do this on line, via mobile phone or at a travel agent.
  2. Check your ticket. Make sure date a time is correct.
  3. Arrive in good time at your departure point (at least 10mins for departure)
  4. When called hand your ticket to the driver. They will check it and either mark it or tear off the counter foil.
  5. The driver should take your luggage and load in the hold. (Please note cases over 20kg will not be loaded by the driver)
  6. Board the coach and find a seat. There are no allocated seats.
  7. Make yourself comfortable.
  8. Listen to anything the driver says.
  9. Enjoy your trip.
That was easy!!

Have a few days off now so will enjoy the break.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production