Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

6 Sept 2007

Coach Crash

What can I say. My thoughts go out to the passengers who were injured and I wish them a speedy recovery. I cannot comment on the circumstances, but what I can say as a driver is that First group and National Express have a very tough policy on drink and drugs. They carry out random tests and the limits are nearly 0. On a personal note I NEVER have any drink if I am driving the next day. If I had an accident, my fault or not, and I had had a drink, the thought would always be 'what if' so I do not. I hope to see more random testing and show that we are all professional drivers who take safety seriously.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production