Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

6 Sept 2007

Holiday & mum's accident

This week I am an holiday. The plan was to go and see my parents and surprise my Dad on his birthday. However, on Friday I had a phone call from my sister to say my mum had fallen and was on her way to hospital by ambulance!!! This changed things a bit and we waited for news. The news was not good as she had broken her hip. She was in good spirits and as I was 120 mile away my dad a sister did the visiting. We still made the trip up on Sunday as I was working Saturday and by this time the operation had been done and she was sitting up in bed!!!
We stayed up until yesterday which by this time she was out of hospital. Amazing!! There is still a long way to go, but great she is at home.
So, well done to all the staff at Wexham Park Hospital , in Slough. For looking after my mum and providing a clean and pleasant place for her to recover.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production