Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

20 Sept 2007

I really should have worn my seatbelt

Been very quite last few days so nothing really to report on the work front. Had abit of bad luck today. Just going to Tesco and saw a Police car and realized I had not got my seatbelt on. Too late, minute latter lights and horns behind.
Very nice Police man showed me the error of my ways and issued a £30 fixed penalty notice. It was my own fault and I am always saying why do the Police not crack down. Well they have and I have the ticket to prove it!!!

2 comments:

Stephen said...

That is bad news Chris, I thought it would have been second nature. I just would not feel right releasing the hand brake without my seat belt on. I put my seat belt back on to drive from Sammy's around to Departure's in London - I would feel naked otherwise.

It would increase your sense of justice if the Police imposed the same £30 fixed penalty on the passengers who ignore your safety announcement and did not wear their seat belts.

The Police should give greater enforcement to illegal hand held mobile phone use, popular with drivers' of the more expensive motor car.

natural yogurt

Chris G4KVI said...

I know it was very stupid. The officers who pulled me over were very pleasant and explained the reason for the fine and not a caution. Agree with you on the mobile phones. I can never understand someone in a £40000 plus car cannot afford £20 on a blue tooth headset!!

Current local weather

Uk Power production