Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

25 Sept 2007

Traffic lights out on the A4

Funny day yesterday. I saw on Trafficmaster that traffic into London was bad. When I got to work my coach was down as late. It arrived in the end only about 10 minutes late. Had help load so left about 15min late. Had not pick ups at Reading so rang control and we went straight to Heathrow.
Incoming driver said traffic was terrible at A4 junction North End road due to the lights being out. I was early but asked the staff if I could go. Traffic was bad into London and the journey took an hour rather than 40 min.
The two 1800 coaches left on time and I waited for my coach to come in. Despite the A4 problems and an RTA on Buckingham Palace Road it arrived on time.
I left at 1900, on time and made my way to Hyde Park to go out via Knightsbridge. I found the back of the queue by the The Lanesborough!! Made a decision to go via Notting Hill and up to the A40 and A312. Good run out and arrived at Heathrow ON TIME, and, the 1800 coach was still there!!!
A result and the passengers were very pleased. Rest on the journey to Street was great and back home by midnight.

1 comment:

Stephen said...

You were lucky, I and the drivers behind and in front of me had a dreadful experience. This delay was totally avoidable and caused by the stupid idea of closing lane 1 in both directions. Which moron decided to close lane 1 and vastly reduce the traffic flow? I had to work for 6 hours and 15 minutes without a break because of this appalling decision over traffic management.

link to my post

Current local weather

Uk Power production