Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

10 Jul 2011

Always ask

Was asked to work in Bath yesterday. I had no idea what I was doing and just asked for the duty to be printed out when I signed on. It was only then I discovered it was a 'split shift' I am not a great fan of these as they have a 2/3hr break in the middle. That is fine if you live close or like to sit around, neither of these apply in my case. Any way I won't complain as it was a pleasant duty starting with a 332 out and back, break, then X39 out and back and a 179 out and a 779 back. This goes through Farrington Gurney I have never done this route like this however a quick phone call sorted the problem and we made it round without any problems. Back to Bristol tomorrow and a five day week as Friday is our wedding anniversary so a few beers will be had. And the moral of the tale is always ask what you are signing up for!

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production