Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

3 Jul 2011

Bus Passes

Turns out the work at Hengrove ix Monday to Friday so enjoying a weekend at home. Actually takes a bit of getting used to but the grass is cut and garden sorted. Removed the panels off the bike and sorted the paint work. It now looks a little more presentable. Only problem is having to go to the shops, it is much easier to shop during the week, but I can live with that.
Last week went well with no major problems. One thing I noticed is the number of people who try to use their free passes before 0900, also the number of people who are obviously going to work. This is not a problem although in my mind it is not really 'playing the came'. However, what really gets me is when they moan that they cannot use them on the 0830 bus and because the driver is 'being over zealous' that they will miss an appointment. So if you have a bus pass please remember they are a 'concession' and treat them as such and that some times you have to just pay the fare.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mum not amused service 178 bristolt bath via marksbury time table changed bus to keynsham now goes0840 0940 1040etc not as was 0900 1000 1100 ther fore 20 mintes earlytherefore cant get to keynsham b4 10 am previous 0900 arrive 0925 approx as cant use bus pass b4 9 mum oap of68 tax payer all of live worked why put buses 20 minutes early also you cant get to timsbury via direct bus 178 as goes farmbourgh via high littleton does not connect with 179 farmbourgh mp dan norris now prat reece mogg conmerchant/sallydavies farmbourgh/ first group cant want sort this problem all178 buses over 2 years ago went via timsbury why stop providing thaservice????. not amused rip off tax payer g7iqjs mum

Current local weather

Uk Power production