Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

15 Jul 2011

Bristol Update

Well still working from Hengrove, and I have to say really enjoying it. Staff at the depot are beginning  to recognise me, not sure if that is a good thing or not! I did think that I would get bored with the Park and Rides but as it is a 40 minute round trip the road conditions change on each trip so keeps the concentration levels up. I am really seeing the benefits of having radios in the cabs. There was a parade through Bristol today and although I was not effected by it, it was reassuring to be told about it and not to worry about delays as these would be sorted latter if necessary. Yesterday the traffic lights at Arnos Vale played up and again a call on the radio informed us that the depot was aware and had contacted the council. It is going to be strange going back to Bath in September. Anyway only four working days left until New Wine. This is a large Christian conference at the Bath and West Show ground. I have once again been asked to be a team Leader so now beginning to get exited about the two weeks. I hope to send regular posts during the event.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production