Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

28 Jul 2011

New Wine

Just over half way through week one of New Wine and things are ticking along nicely. I am once again a team leader. I have a team of twelve stewards. This at times can be a challenge as it is effectively a supervisor role which is something I have never done. I find I have had to be 'fair but firm' at times. Although this is a voluntary role and most have taken their annual holiday to be here we still have a  responsibility to the delegates. My team appears to respect my decisions and to date I have had no major problems or issues. Yesterday the team leaders prayer walked the entire site. This was a real challenge for me as I have always avoided this, however, I found myself walking through the villages speaking aloud from the bible and praying for the delegates. So another week to go. I will try and post with any interesting events.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production