Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

11 Jul 2011

Off to the Olympics

The company I work for has been awarded the contract to run the bus services at the 2012 Olympics. They asked for volunteers to give up some of their holiday in return for an added bonus. I put my name forward and was told if I had not heard my the end of May then I had not been successful. May came and went and no contact so I forgot about it. Last Monday I received an email to say I had been successful! So I wait to hear when the training will be and what week I will be working. So despite my lack of interest in the Olympics I am part of it any way!!

3 comments:

Des Speed said...

Hi Chris
I've also been selected to operate the Olympics. May see you there!
Des Speed - First Eastern Counties - X1 driver.
http://fecx1news.blogspot.com
The blogger (holder of Gold Firstgroup VIP travel pass) and I are having a day out on Sat 16/07/11 to Bristol & Bath. Could you recommend a First route from Bath bus station around the area? Possibly to a point where the shortest walk is too view Bath from the Skyline Walk.
We're travelling by train from Norfolk to London, then GWR to Bristol. X1 to Weston and back, X39 Bristol to Bath. GWR to London and train back to Norfolk.
Hope you can help.
Thanks.....

Chris G4KVI said...

HI Des I didn't know there was a Skyline walk!! Any way I assume you mean this http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/bath_skyline-2.pdf
The 18 bus is the university buse which go from across the road at the bus station. Apart from that the 6/7 bus (Fairfield Park/larkhall does take in some spectacular views of the city. If you get off at Camden Crescent you can walk back and look across the city.

Des Speed said...

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the bus information about the 6/7.
Keep up the good reading on the blog.

Regards.... Des....

Current local weather

Uk Power production