Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

24 Apr 2010

All Change?

Ok, now into week five and just over a week to go until my next hospital appointment. I hope after that I will have a plaster fitted that will give me the ability to walk again. It looks like I will be able to return to work around the 20th May. However it will not be on coaches but on 'stage carriage' work (normal buses). This will give me some time to settle back in and make sure I am fully fit. That way if I have a problem I will only be a short distance from the bus station and not stuck on route to London! However it would seem that I will not be returning to coach's for a while. The contract is up for re-tender and all the signs/rumours are that  First have not retained it and it has gone to another local company. Given my current state of health I think I will be better staying with First at least until the dust has settled and I can be sure of my driving ability. Anyway, like all these things nothing is 'cast in stone' so we will see how things go. Main thing is, it looks like I still have a permanent  job. I may however have to change the Blog name, or do I leave it as it is??

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production