Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

25 Apr 2010

Do not buy Powerline adapters

Most of you will be unaware of these devices and the danger they pose. These devices are designed to allow you to use your mains wiring as a wireless network. However they have a major and potentially dangerous side effect. That is they interfere with most radio systems. For example FM radio, DAB radio, amateur radio, 446,CB and air band. These devices are sold in contravention of various European standards. More information can be found at http://www.southgatearc.org/news/april2010/belkin_pla_video.html So do not but these devices and tell your friends not to buy them. Remember if your neighbour has one of these it be the end of you listening to and kind of radio in your house. If you think you have problems then have a look at this site http://www.mikeandsniffy.co.uk/UKQRM/

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production