Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

30 Apr 2010

Reading

While I was lying in a hospital bed I had various thoughts. One of these was the idea I would be able to read. We have the complete works of Dickens and I thought I could sit and read all day. Well I have read a grand total of 0 words in the last few weeks. I just cannot sit and concentrate on a book. I find it easier to sit in front of a computer screen or tune around on the radio. Still I have a few weeks left before I go back to work so maybe. Bit of an update on the ankle. All appears to be well. I have attempted to put some weight on it but the plaster cuts into my leg so gave that up! main problem I have is pain in my right shoulder and patches of hard skin on my hands. Both these I assume are from using crutches.Hopefully will be able to walk in some manner after Tuesday. One problem we have had this week was that the computer downstairs. failed. It appears that the hard drive had failed. Anyway found a spare in my 'junk' box and it appears to be working OK. Lost a bit of data but most of our pictures and files are stored on an external drive so they are all Ok.. I also have hard copies of XP and Office 2003 so got them all loaded back on OK.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production